Everyone else has started to do this. I’ve been working on it for a week now for my own reasons. I apologize in advance. Overall I’d say 2013/30 has been an amazing year. (Posting it to the rarely used blog so I don’t have to copy and paste all the text cross social networks.
* Lost like 40 pounds, really gotta work at doing more (Esp since I seem to be finally gaining weight again :(). Got heavily into using the slow cooker which helped a lot with this.
* New job at telus seems to be going amazing so far (I especially can’t wait for any of the prototypes my team are playing with to make it out to the public)
* Awesome friends, especially the new ones i’ve made this year (Reconnecting with noggery, Yvonne, Raine, Katrina, Meeting Roslyn, Justin, and recently Annie. Loads more people I probably forgot it was this year)
* Best birthday in years (lots of room for improvement so can only go up from here)
* Had lots of run doing redditgifts. It keeps giving me big anxiety, but it helps me learn to deal with it in a controlled way, so yay!
* Raine/Alex wedding, Yvonne/Eric wedding
* Salty Stories launched. Didn’t do as well as I had hoped, but it launched I can say I’m an app developer now.
* Nigel (airg Ireland) and Brian (Blizzard) moving away. Boooo
* I’ve had a lot of fun with kickstarter, only real complaint so far is the ouya. I still think pebble should win kickstarted of the year award.
* Went to some events by myself (Including an awesome wedding and a gentlemen hecklers show).
* Started to GM/Run Games.
* Generally focus more on the good, try to get less caught up on the bad.
So much more. Lets see if 2014 can be even better.
Things I wish I had done but didn’t:
* Post more to the blog. I meant to while I was job hunting. Started to clean up older posts thinking I might convert to octopress. Then I just didn’t finish ’cause I spent too long trying to track down old broken image links.
* Finish Projects (See above). When they are personal projects I tend to do the learning/prototype stuff, but not follow through enough. Made a couple android apps. Went “yea, I totally can do it” but didn’t finish the polishing steps as they are just for me.
Oh! Some automated 2013 things: